Everyone loves the look of bright shiny new objects, and spouting is no different. Colorcote continuous spouting looks fantastic, and you want to keep it looking that way.
The main benefit that most people are aware of, is that your investment will always look sharp.
But there is another very important reason to keep your spouting in pristine condition - your 10 year warranty depends on it!
ColorCote state that, "Regular maintenance of ColorCote® pre-painted products will increase durability and is a requirement of your warranty. Failure to strictly comply with this maintenance schedule may result in your warranty being voided at Pacific Coilcoaters’ discretion."
Regular Maintenance Schedule
Your home’s gutters, spouting and downpipes play an important role in keeping your house dry and free from water damage. By ensuring that these systems are regularly maintained, you can help to prolong their lifespan and prevent costly repairs.
ColorCote outline a 3 and 6 monthly schedule for maintaining your gutters, spouting and downpipes.
Every 3 Months
- Inspect your gutters, spouting and downpipes regularly for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
- Pay attention to the fasteners and washers to ensure there is no sign of corrosion. If you notice any damage, repair it immediately to prevent further damage.
- Keep your gutters clean and free from leaves and other debris. This will help to prevent clogs and allow water to flow freely through the system.
- Check for lichen. ColorCote recommend:
- Disconnect any rainwater connection from gutters to water collection tanks.
- Apply ColorCote Roof Wash in accordance with label instructions.
- Apply from ground level.
- Do not rinse off. ColorCote Roof Wash is a long acting product so immediate results may not benoticeable. After a period of several weeks ColorCote Roof Wash will kill the Lichen and Mouldspores and these will gradually be washed away with natural washing.
- If Lichen and Mouldremain after 2-3 months, repeat the process.
- If ColorCote Roof Wash is not available then a 2% solution of diluted bleach (sodiumhypochlorite) may be applied for 5 minutes and then washed off with a copious amount offresh water. Failure to rinse off adequately may cause permanent damage to your paint.
- Please make sure that this done safely from ground level.
Every 6 Months
- If you have any trees or bushes near your gutters, trim them back to prevent leaves and branches from falling into the gutters and causing clogs.
- Make sure that your gutters and downpipes are properly secured and supported. Loose fittings can cause water to leak and damage your property.
- If you notice any leaks or damage to your gutters, spouting or downpipes, repair them immediately to prevent further damage.
- Wash any areas that are not naturally washed through rainfall. Color Cote recommend:
- ColorCote Roof Wash
- Use a low pressure spray (less than 1000psi) and/or a soft nylon bristled brush to remove any loose dirt or soil. IMPORTANT – this should only be done if the area to be cleaned can be accessed safely eg from ground level. Under no circumstance should you attempt to climb onto your roof to conduct any sort of maintenance.
About Fine Line
Fine Line are your local specialists for all spouting, guttering and continuous spouting work in Hamilton and Waikato. We also do respouts, repairs and complete conversions.
Call us for a free quote - 021 124 4972